2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 package fresh sliced mushrooms
1 cup sweet Marsala wine or chicken stock
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place garlic and oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in cooker over garlic. Place mushrooms over chicken; pour wine over all.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker; place on plate and cover to keep warm. In small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into liquid in cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook about 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 5 minutes longer or until chicken is hot.
- To serve, spoon mushroom mixture over chicken breasts; sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve over rice with sauteed greens on the side.