- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4cup parmesan cheese
1. In a small sauce pan melt 1 tbsp butter.
2. Add minced onion, garlic and mushrooms.
3. Cook until nice and soft.
4. In a sauce pot or pan melt 2 1/2 tbsp butter.
5. Stir in the flour creating a roux.
6. With a whisk, mix in the milk a little at a time to avoid lumps--whisk hard and lots.
7. When the mixture is smooth, pour in the cream, mix in the basil pesto, salt, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and mushroom onion garlic wine mixture.
8. Mix well--pepper to taste
9. Stir in the parmesan cheese, blending well; set aside.
10. This sauce can be made hours ahead of time, simply reheat on your cook top on low or microwave for 30 seconds.
11. Drizzle over your favorite meal. I have shown this sauce served over stir-fried vegetables and shrimp on pasta.